Friday, November 16, 2012

Blue Jays rock!

 Who would say they hate Blue Jays?
 They apparently don't really know the Blue Jays. Some folks think Jays kill baby birds and eat eggs. Ha....Well "in an extensive study of Blue Jay feeding habits, only 1% of jays had evidence of eggs or birds in their stomachs. Most of their diet was composed of insects and nuts."1

Get to know this awesome bird...and you too will understand when I say Blue Jays ROCK!


1. http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Blue_Jay/lifehistory

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....very interesting. I see them in a whole new light.

sportymom said...

I need to buy some peanuts

artgirl said...

I heard the Jays today....they wanted some peanuts....I have got to get out there and refill the peanuts.

Anonymous said...

They come in the morning at my house.

Anonymous said...

I need to drop by and get some peanuts.