Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A recycling idea...What do you think?

So here is what I have been thinking about for the last few weeks.....
My friend Beverly and I go and get a coke nearly everyday after we workout...I know this sounds crazy...but when you make stamps all day long...what can I say. Anyway, the drinks come in styrene cups. I did some research (and will do more) on where I can recycle styrene. I only found 6 places in the US. So that got me thinking...what else can I do with these cup to do my part to reuse, renew, recycle (you know green up a bit). And here is what I came up with. I send out orders all the time using different packing materials in the boxes (bubble wrap, paper, cardboard). What if I washed and dried these cups, cut them into 1" squares, and put them in a freezer zippey bag (and taped the bag shut). I could put a note one the outside of the bag explaining what this is, and use it as packing material. Think about this and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That seems like a lot of work, but if it's really that hard to recycle, it's better to reuse it!

I've got a new box coming together for you! :)
Bobbey

Sorry for posting as "anonymous", I can't log myself into Google this morning for some crazy reason.