Sunday, February 28, 2010

And now for something completely different.....

Julia's favorite stamps>>>>>>>>
A picture of Julia...She's so funny!>>>>>>>>>
Okay, we are doing something a bit different on this post. Julia Roth (who sent us samples) and myself have been chatting back and forth via emails. I thought -"Hey, why don't we share some of this conversation with everyone." So here it goes......
Deena: Thanks for your email! I am glad you like the stamps. Let us know when you need some more stamps.....D
Julia: I see on your blog that you are posting samples and I have sent some for you. Please don't feel like you have to post them. I am pumped by your stamps and have so many ideas!!!! Julia
Deena: Have you tried the watercolor technique with the Reflection stamp yet?
Julia: Tell me one more time what to do.
Deena: There are several different techniques for this look. Here is one:
Using a piece of watercolor paper (of course regular cardstock will work) stamp Reflection (AS 21 E) with a Black Memories ink pad. Gather your watercolor pencils or markers and color the images working from the outer part of the image inward. (lighter touch with the open areas- this will create shading). Once you have the color down, (it will still look a bit odd) use a paintbrush and dip it in water and "paint" from the outer edges inward. You are actually moving the color around. If you need to add more color you can either 1.Use a scrap piece of paper like a palette, take your color pencil and scrub some color down and use your wet paint brush to pick up additional colors. 2. Use a piece of release paper, acetate, or plastic wrap to add color from your markers. Then use your brush to add color.
Another technique is to not use the black ink and use your markers directly on your stamp. After full coverage on your stamp, huff on your stamp, or mists very lightly and stamp, then use your brush to fade the clean lines and give it the watercolor look.
Julia: WOW! I can not wait to try this. I saw you do this in Ohio and I took notes but I was nervous to try. I will try it and let you know what happens.
Deena: If you have any more questions please drop me a note. And we always love to see what you are doing.
Julia: I will send you more samples. I also sent you a "list" of my favorite stamps. Well, the ones I love, love, love this week! Thanks for everything!!!

No comments: