Wednesday, October 3, 2012

An altered book project...or two.

I have started a couple of altered book projects. The book above is going to have a steampunk theme. I have several pages done...which I plan to alter, yet again. The texture was already part of the book. It is an encyclopedia. I put a layer of gesso on it, let it dry, and then sanded some of it off.
These are pages that I tore out and painted with gesso. They are for a different altered book project. The theme for this book is birds.....as shocking as that sounds. I am adding NO crowns, NO pointy hats, and I will NOT be using the words; DREAM, BELIEVE, or other trendy words.
I also am painting the pages of this book with a thin layer of gesso. (Guess who found her gesso). I will be posting updates on these altered projects.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow

Anonymous said...

Have you done any more to your altered book?